Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Monday, April 27, 2009
Trish inspired me to cook more with turkey breasts, and here is my version. Take a boned turkey breast, pound it out flat with a mallet, and fill with a tasty mixture of onions, mushrooms, garlic, spinach, bread crumbs, roll up and cook at 350 degrees for about one to one and a half hours.
Served with oven fries and broccoli rabe. And of course a nice wine.
California Avocado Gratin with bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
* 1 medium size California Avocado (Peeled and Mashed)
* 1 Tbsp flour
* 1 Tbsp butter
* 1 Cup liquid hot milk
* Salt and pepper to taste
* Parmesan cheese or cheddar or mozarella
* Thyme and Parsley
* One egg (optional)
1. Prepare a bechamel sauce as usual.
2. Melt butter in a pan and stir in the flour.
3. Pour the hot milk over the mixture till it thickens.
4. Add a beaten egg if you wish, it gives the dish more body.
5. Put in your mashed California Avocado.
6. Put also a cupful of grated cheese.
7. Place in a baking tray.
8. Top with breadcrumbs and grated cheese.
9. Cook in oven at 375 for 25 minutes.
10. Can be served cold with toast bread.
11. Can be served with a green salad or tomato chutney.